2FootPrint DotCom Sdn. Bhd. - Note 1 (hereinafter referred to as "2FootPrint") fully understands the inherent responsibility of "entities handling personal information" to protect personal information Note 2 of all people including customers and suppliers who provide personal information to 2FootPrint (hereinafter such information is referred to as "personal information" and each of such persons is referred to as "the person"). Therefore, 2FootPrint has established specific policies on handling personal information as stated below, and thus will make every effort to protect personal information.
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
Whenever 2FootPrint asks a person to provide 2FootPrint with his/her personal information, we specify in advance the purpose for which the personal information will be used (hereinafter referred to as "purpose of use").
In the following cases, however, we may omit specifying the purpose of use;
· When personal information is provided in a business meeting or in the exchange of business cards.
· When personal information is provided on business cards at events, fairs, or seminars etc.
In these cases, 2FootPrint may use personal information for the following purposes except when the person rejects;
· Introducing our products and services as well as providing various information by e-mail, direct mail, facsimile, etc.
· Marketing activities including face-to-face marketing, phone call, etc.
· Effort aimed at improving quality of customer relation activities.
2. Management of Personal Information
In order to prevent leakage, alteration, loss, or use for anything other than the purpose of use, 2FootPrint manages personal information strictly in a safe environment under strict security according to related laws, guidelines, and internal regulations.
As for the proper handling of personal information, 2FootPrint executes necessary education and enlightenment to employees.
3. Use of Personal Information
2FootPrint does not use personal information for anything other than the purpose of use, except under one or more of the following conditions;
1. When the person has given his/her consent,
2. When personal information is used in a manner whereby the person cannot be identified (e.g. statistical data),
3. When use for other than purpose of use is authorized by related laws or guidelines.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
2FootPrint does not disclose personal information to any third parties except under one or more of the following conditions;
1. When the person has given his/her consent,
2. When personal information is disclosed in a manner whereby the person cannot be identified (e.g. statistical data),
3. When personal information is disclosed to 2FootPrint dealers or affiliates etc. that have been obligated to preserve confidentiality to 2FootPrint (hereinafter referred to as "the business partner") within the scope necessary to perform the purpose of use,
4. When 2FootPrint deems it appropriate for the person's inquiries or request of some materials to be answered or supported by the business partner and personal information is disclosed to such the business partner,
5. When it is necessary for the settlement of payment for products purchased or services provided to disclose personal information to financial institutions etc. (This is for verifying the accuracy of bank account information or the validity of credit cards),
6. When a part of the business operations of 2FootPrint is succeeded to other company; (2FootPrint will make every possible effort so that the successor shall not leak personal information as well as not use personal information for other than the purposes of use),
7. When disclosure to third parties is authorized by related laws or guidelines,
8. When a judicial or administrative organization has ordered the disclosure or provision of personal information according to laws or ordinances,
9. When personal information is disclosed or shared between 2FootPrint and its subsidiaries or between the subsidiaries within the scope necessary to perform the purposes of use.
5. Inquiries of Personal Information
A person who wishes to access, alter, or correct his/her own personal information should contact the section or staff in 2FootPrint to whom the person has provided their personal information (contact information site that is displayed on the Web site through which personal information has been provided). 2FootPrint will then respond to the person's request in a timely manner according to prescribed procedures.
In those cases, in order to prevent unlawful acquisition or alteration of personal information by third parties, 2FootPrint will confirm whether the request is really done by the person himself/herself.
6. Handling of Your Advice and Requests
As for advice, requests and proposals sent to 2FootPrint from the users, 2FootPrint can freely use them unless the purpose of use is specifically restricted.
However, 2FootPrint will acquire the person's consent when personal information is disclosed to the public or to third parties in a manner whereby the person who has provided it can be identified.
7. Handling of Personal Information on the Web Site
7.1 Use of Cookie Note 3, Web Beacon Note 4 and IP Address Note 5
1. To identify the causes of problems arising at Web servers and to resolve these problems,
2. To improve the contents of Web sites and e-mail,
3. To customize the contents of Web sites and e-mail for the user's individual interest or purpose,
4.To use browsing history by the person and the results of questionnaires for marketing by 2FootPrint in the service for membership system where personal information of the person has been registered in advance,
5.To obtain aggregated site visitation statistics whereby the individual person cannot be identified.
In this case, however, some restrictions may occur by which some functions such as customization cannot be used.
7.2 Use of Google Analytics
2FootPrint may use Google Analytics on 2FootPrint sites to grasp how they are used by visitors. Google Analytics gathers access information using first party cookies without specifying individuals.
Please see following site to know details of Google Analytics.
(Google Analytics™ is a trademark of Google Inc.)
7.3 SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
2FootPrint will use encryption by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or other security technologies to prevent tapping into the communication process by third parties when the person provides his/her personal information through 2FootPrint sites Note 6.
However, these technologies may not be used in some rare cases because of the person's computer environment. In these cases, 2FootPrint will display on the Web site that security cannot be ensured in the communication process.
7.4 Respective Usage Contract
7.5 Linked Sites from 2FootPrint Sites
2FootPrint sites may include links to Web sites outside 2FootPrint. Although 2FootPrint pays full attention to the selection of the linked sites, we cannot assume responsibility for protection of personal information or contents on those Web sites outside 2FootPrint.
8. Handling of the Specific Personal Information
2FootPrint will comply with the “Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure”, “Guidelines for proper handling of Specific Personal Information”, “Personal Information Protection Act” and will properly handle the Specific Personal Information.
2FootPrint will notify concrete purpose of use of Specific Personal Information, when we request your Specific Personal Information to implement the Individual Number related business.
As a security control measure of the Specific Personal Information, 2FootPrint provides internal regulation “Specific Personal Information Management Regulation” etc.
For any inquiries or claims regarding 2FootPrint’s handling of Specific Personal Information, please communicate the point of contact of 2FootPrint that you have deal with. If the point of contact is unknown, please contact us at Customer Information Center.
9. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
2FootPrint strictly observes all Japanese laws and internal regulations that are applicable related to personal information.
10. User Registration
- This service is provided only for the customers in Malaysia.
- Those who are outside of Malaysia cannot carry out user registration nor use the services in principle.
Note 1: “Subsidiary” means the Japanese company, for which 2FootPrint, holds the majority of voting rights directly or indirectly.
Note 2: “Personal information” means information concerning individuals such as name, age, birth date, gender, address, phone number, mail address, place of employment, number of credit card and information for which the individual specified can be identified by one item or a combination of two or more of items as described above.
Note 3: “Cookie” is identification information that is transmitted to the person's browser by servers and is preserved on the browser side for effective operations of Web sites.
Note 4: “Web beacon” is technology to acquire aggregated site visitation statistics of access to the specified Web pages using cookies.
Note 5: “IP address” is a number that can specify the computer accessing the servers. (User of computer cannot be specified.)
Note 6: Some 2FootPrint sites may not support SSL by restrictions of systems or other reasons. In these cases, 2FootPrint will display on such Web sites that security cannot be preserved in communication process.
Note 7: “Specific Personal Information” means Individual Numbers based on “Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in The Administrative Procedure” and personal information that includes Individual Numbers.